Mooli Lachha is an Indian-style grated radish salad made using fresh radish. Make it using 5 ingredients in under 10 minutes (vegan, gluten-free).
Here are a few more salad recipes that you can try for your everyday meals – Apple Kachumber, Sprouts Salad, Kidney Bean Salad, Cucumber Avocado Salad, Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, and Watermelon Feta Salad.
About This Recipe
5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes are all you need to make this delicious Mooli Lachha.
It is a North Indian salad where grated radish is mixed with green chilies, lime juice, salt, and cilantro (coriander).
It is best served on the side with your everyday meals.
Radish Health Benefits
- Radish is one of those ingredients that are loaded with antioxidants and is also rich in calcium and potassium.
- Due to its rich calcium and potassium content, it helps lower down high blood pressure. It also reduces risk of getting a heart related disease.
- Also high in fibre, it is considered really great for digestion as well. It helps to fix acidity and gastric problems.
- Dairy intake can improve your immunity.
- It is also considered good for your skin.
Radish – You can make it with any radish – white or pink.
Others – You will also need green chilies, lime juice, salt, and cilantro (coriander).
Adjust the green chilies depending upon your taste.
You can also add ginger juliennes and chopped tomatoes to this lachha if you wish to.
Serve Mooli Lachha as a salad with your everyday meals. You can also add this Lachha to your rolls and wraps to add that extra winter crunch.
Leftover mooli lachha can be flavored with some spice powders and also used as a stuffing for parathas.
It tastes the best when served fresh, as the mooli retains its crunchiness.
After some time, it becomes soft and also leaves the water.
You can store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for about a day or two.
You Might Also Like
Mooli Lachha Recipe (Indian Grated Radish Salad)
- 250 grams radishes (mooli)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green chilies
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (coriander)
- Discard ½-inch of the top and bottom of the radishes.
- Peel them using a vegetable peeler and rinse with water.
- Grate the radishes using the medium hole of a box grater.
- Mix the grated radishes with green chilies, salt, lime juice, and cilantro.