Prawn Curry in Coconut Milk Recipe
Prawns in Coconut Milk Curry, How to make Prawns in Coconut Milk Curry
- Prawns - 400 g
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
- Dry red chilies - 2 broken
- Green chilies - 2 slit into half
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Tomato - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Clean and wash the prawns. ( It is important to remove the black vein )
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves and onion and fry till onions turns translucent.
- Add dry red chilies and green chilies and cook for a minute.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Naan or rice.