Make this 4 ingredients homemade strawberry milkshake using fresh or frozen strawberries in 5 minutes for a delicious breakfast treat. You can make it with or without ice cream using this best and easy recipe. Here is how to make it.
If you want to try some more strawberry recipes, then here are some of my favorites – Strawberry Tea, Strawberry Sauce, Strawberry Brownies, Strawberry Lemonade, Strawberry Cake, Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie, and Strawberry Cobbler.
About This Recipe
This rich and creamy homemade strawberry milkshake is a breeze to make. It requires just 4 ingredients and comes together in under 5 minutes.
Serve it for a yummy breakfast, after-school snack, or mid-day snack, this refreshing strawberry milkshake is going to be your favorite all summer.
When strawberries are not in season, you can make it using frozen ones. Do check my post on how to freeze strawberries, freeze them while they are in season, and then use them all year round.
You can include some of your other favorite fruits in this milkshake along with the strawberries for a taste change.
Strawberries – Use fresh or frozen.
Choosing Strawberries? Choose bright red and ripe strawberries that are fresh and sweet. Make sure they are red or pink in the middle and not white. Bright red ones have the best flavor and are sweet.
Strawberry Ice-cream – Ice-cream makes the shake super creamy. Use strawberry or vanilla-flavored ice cream to make the strawberry shake.
Milk – Whole milk makes the milkshake creamy and rich. You can use skim milk for a healthier version.
How To Make Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
Wash 1 lb (500 g) strawberries and pat them dry using a paper towel. Chop off the green leafy top and dice the strawberries into small pieces.
Toss the diced strawberries with 2 tablespoon sugar and freeze for 3-4 hours. Freezing the strawberries makes the shake very creamy. If you have forgotten to freeze the strawberries, use a few ice cubes while blending.
Note – Skip adding the sugar if the berries are too sweet.
If using already frozen strawberries, then thaw them for 10 minutes, toss with sugar and use them to make the shake directly.
Freeze the serving glasses for an hour. It will keep your shake cool for a longer time.
Making The Strawberry Shake
Add the frozen strawberries, 2 cups strawberry ice cream, 1 cup whole milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the large jar of a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Note – If the frozen strawberries and ice cream are too hard, just leave them on the kitchen counter for 5 minutes before blending.
Pour the milkshake into chilled glasses and serve immediately. You can top the shake with strawberry halves, chocolate shavings, or whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to give a healthier spin to this milkshake? Here are my 3 tips
1. Replace ice cream with frozen bananas.
2. Replace whole milk with skim milk.
3. Use honey or maple syrup in place of granulated sugar.
You can make this milkshake vegan by
1. Replacing regular milk with almond milk, coconut milk, cashew nut milk, or soy milk.
2. Using a vegan ice cream or frozen bananas in place of regular ice cream.
You can this milkshake without ice cream by
1. Replacing ice cream with a few ice cubes and making sure to freeze the fruits for at least 3-4 hours.
3. Use a frozen banana in place of ice cream.
In case you don’t have access to strawberries, you can make this shake using strawberry jam or strawberry syrup. If the jam is too hard, microwave it for a few seconds until it is soft and flowy. Then add the jam (or syrup) into a blender along with the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve!
Strawberry milkshake tastes the best when it is made fresh. But if you have leftovers, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for about 1 day. Shake well before you consume it again.
You Might Also Like
Homemade Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- 1 pound strawberries (500 g, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toss the chopped strawberries with sugar and freeze for a few hours. You can skip adding sugar if the strawberries are already very sweet.
- If you have forgotten to freeze the strawberries, add a few ice cubes while blending.
- Freeze the serving glasses for a few hours. It will keep your shake cool for a longer time.
- Add the frozen strawberries, strawberry ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract to the large jar of a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- If the frozen strawberries and ice cream are too hard, thaw them on the counter for 5 minutes before blending.
- Pour the milkshake in chilled glasses and serve immediately. You can top the shake with strawberry halves, chocolate shavings or whipped cream.