Love Haldiram’s Aloo Bhujia Namkeen? Then, I am presenting a super easy recipe of this all time favourite Indian savoury snack just for you! Learn how to make this yummy, golden brown munch at home in no time! Here is how to make Aloo Bhujia.
What is Aloo Bhujia?
Tips for making great Aloo Bhujia
Heat the oil properly before you starting frying the bhujia. Then simmer the heat before putting the bhujia in the oil.
Fry it on a medium flame because you don’t want to burn it, right?
Add chilli powder as per your palate. Do not under or overuse it as it is one of the main spices.
Add the Chaat Masala and Pudina Powder immediately after the bhujia is out of the oil. This way, it will stick to it.
Make sure to store it in an air tight container. Because that way, it would remain crisp and crunchy for days. Whenever you want to eat it, take some in a bowl and you are good to go.
You can also add a tsp of Ginger Green Chilli paste in the dough.
What to serve with Aloo Bhujia?
Aloo Bhujia Recipe
Aloo Bhujia Sev is an Indian dry snack made with chickpea flour and potatoes. It is a must make during festivities and be easily made at home.
- 1/2 cup Potato Boiled, peeled and grated
- 1 cup Besan
- 1 tbsp Oil Plus for frying
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chaat masala Plus for sprinkling
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 1 pinch Baking soda
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dry pudina powder
- Mix besan, grated potato and oil in a pan.
- Mix together nicely.
Add salt, 1 tsp chaat masala, red chilli powder, hing, baking soda and lemon juice.
- Mix nicely.
- Add very little water and knead to make a tight dough.
- Cover and keep the dough for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts.
- Fill one part in the sev press fitted with fine net.
- Press the sev press over the hot oil.
- Simmer the heat.
- Fry till golden brown from both the sides.
- Remove from oil on a kitchen tissue lined plate.
Sprinkle the remaining chat masala and dry pudina powder on top and mix well..
Cool the aloo bhujia.
- Store in an airtight container.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.