Egg Butter Masala is a rich and delicious recipe in which boiled and fried eggs are simmered in a buttery tomato based gravy. Here is a video recipe to make Egg Butter Masala at home.
About the recipe
Egg Butter Masala is one of the gravy based dishes which is made using the rich Butter Masala gravy and eggs. Butter Masala is one of my favorite gravy and I keep on experimenting with it.
Sometimes it’s Paneer butter masala and next time it is with Mushroom. Chicken tastes amazing in this gravy too. This time, I decided to play with it a little more and came up with Egg Butter Masala.
The curry is my old recipe which is super easy to make and has always worked for me. The combination of rich and buttery gravy along with boiled and fried eggs came out superb and the serving dish was licked clean.
We relished it with crunchy, succulent Laccha Parathas and oh, every bite of this meal tasted finger-licking!
You might also like
Egg Butter Masala
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 15-18 Cashew nuts (Soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 Tsp Kasuri methi
- 5-6 Eggs
- Oil for frying eggs
- Heat 3 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till they turn translucent.
- Now add tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Cool the mixture.
- Grind into a smooth paste along with cashew nuts.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Add the ground masala along with Kashmiri red chili powder, garam masala and salt.
- Add a cup of water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add fresh cream and cook for a minute.
- Mean while, boil the eggs until they are hard boiled.
- Peel the eggs and prick them using a tooth pick.
- Heat oil to fry eggs in a frying pan.
- Fry the eggs till golden brown from all the sides.
- Add the fried eggs in the gravy and cook for a minute.
- Add kasuri methi and mix well.
- Serve hot with Naan, Laccha Paratha or any other Indian bread.