People often tell me how lucky me and my family members are to taste the exotic food that I make and share on the blog. But to tell you all the truth, we crave for the simple meals and leave no chance to eat a simple and satisfying meal of dal, roti and sabzi. I am a huge fan of green vegetables and make sure one of the meal everyday has a green sabzi included in it. Knowing my love for the fresh Mooli Ke Patte, a close friend gifted me some freshest greens from her organic rooftop garden and I most happily turned them into a delicious meal. A simple dry Mooli Ki bhujia and this Mooli Ke Patte Wali Moong Dal went superb with crisp hot ghee laden chapaties and I was a happy soul.
Here is the simple recipe to make this delicious and packed with the nutritions Mooli Ke Patte Wali Moong Dal.
Mooli Ke patte wali Moong Dal
Mooli Ke Patte Wali Moong Dal
- Dhuli moong dal / Split yello lentil - 1 cup
- Mooli ke patte / Radish greens - 2 cups Chopped
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp Chopped
- Heeng - 1/4 tsp
- Zeera / Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Wash the dal and add it in a pressure cooker.
- Add the radish greens, salt and turmeric powder along with 4 and 1/2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook till done.
- Remove from heat and let the pressure release.
- Heat ghee in a small pan.
- Add garlic and fry till golden brown.
- Add heeng and cumin seeds and switch off the heat.
- Add red chili powder and immediately pour the tadka over the dal and mix gently.
- Serve hot with rice or Phulka.