Shahi Matar Paneer is a delicious recipe which is rich and creamy and made using Indian cottage cheese and peas. Here is how to make Shahi Matar Paneer .
Paneer is my best bet when I am out of fresh vegetables and want to make a quick yet delicious meal. This is exactly what happened today afternoon. I had a sudden guest and nothing but paneer came to my mind first thing and I made this Shahi Matar Paneer along with a raita, peas pulao and paratha and lunch was sorted.
This dish is quite easy to make is quite a crowd pleaser. Chunks of paneer slightly fried and simmered in a rich and creamy gravy along with a slight change of flavour from the peas makes this dish truly delicious.
Plus the fact that Shahi Matar Paneer is all luscious just like Dal Amritsari, pairing it with a wholesome meal sounds like a pretty promising idea. Moreover, if you have the gravy ready, trust me, preparing Shahi Matar Paneer doesn’t take any time.
So, I suggest, whenever you crave for a super delicious yet easy to make meal, try Shahi Matar Paneer for sure, here’s its recipe.
You might also like
Shahi Matar Paneer Recipe
Shahi Matar Paneer
Shahi Matar Paneer is a delicious recipe which is rich and creamy and made using Indian cottage cheese and peas.
- 300 g Paneer cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Peas boiled
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 3-4 Clove
- 2 Black cardamom
- 2-3 Green cardamom
- 4-5 Black peppercorn
- 1 cup Onion Chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup Tomato Chopped
- 10-12 Cashew nuts Soaked in warm water
- 10-12 Almonds Blanched and peeled
- 2 tsp Coriander powder -
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Fresh cream
- 10-12 strands Saffron Soaked in 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2-3 drops Kewra essence
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Almond flakes for garnishing
- Heat little oil in a grill pan and fry the panner from both the sides till golden brown.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and ghee in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cloves, black cardamom, green cardamom and peppercorn and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till slightly browned.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till onion turns golden brown.
Now add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the masala cool a bit.
- Grind the masala along with cashew nuts and almonds to make a smooth paste.
- Add the ground masala in the same pan.
- Add little water and all the dry masalas.
- Fry for a few minutes.
- Add paneer and peas and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add more water if required.
Now add fresh cream, saffron soaked in milk, honey, cardamom powder and lemon juice and cook for another minute.
- Add kewra essence and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and almond slivers.
- Serve hot with paratha or Naan.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.
*Please note this post may have affiliate links.